Looking for a free, good quality video editor then you may have just found one. There is nothing worse than filming incredible footage but your video editor just isn’t up to par.
You should be able to have your vision come to life on the screen. That's why we have created this simple article about VSDC Free Video Editor.
We cover everything from the useful features to even the cons of the software.
So, you will know if VSDC Free Video Editor has the power that you need to give you a smooth editing process.
What Is VSDC Free Video Editor?
A non-linear video editor for Windows is called VSDC. When you edit video “non-linearly” as opposed to “linearly” (like in Movie Maker), you can combine photos and video files in any order to produce stunning compositions.
Think of non-linear video editing as “photoshopping” a video if you’ve never heard of it and are still unsure.
You’ll be able to build layers, add many items to a scene, overlap them, blend pieces together, and, if your objective calls for it, even make some of them partially translucent.
VSDC Free Video Editor is a great software for both beginners and those with more advanced skills. It has a plethora of features that editors can utilize and begin to develop their skills.
VSDC Free Video Editor Features
Much like any software, there are 2 versions of the VSDC Video Editor. VSDC Free Video Editor and VSDC Pro Video Editor.
The free version of the software has incredible features but it is limited. While the pro version has much more to offer.
Features of the free version are:
- Effects. VSDC has a huge library of text, audio, and video effects. Additionally, you can add objects and pre-made filters to your video. Transitions can be used between slides and video clips as well. You can alter your background by using the green screen effect. The unique picture-in-picture and split-screen effects are quite captivating.
- File Formats. VSDC Free version supports all of the main file formats of both video and audio files. To make it simple for you to save your altered video for various devices, there are various export profiles available.
- Basic Editing. You may split, connect, and cut video clips using the basic editing tools. Video rotation and resizing options are available. Additionally, you can do color correction and add overlays to films as necessary. Additionally, you can use zoom and chart tools to modify 36-degree videos**.**
- Capture Video. You don’t only need to import video and audio files. VSDC has the ability to capture videos from your webcam. It can also record your screen and record your voice. It is great for creating a slideshow video from photos as well as video footage.
- Low System Requirements. The fact that VSDC’s video editor does not require the same high system settings as most other video editors is one of the many factors contributing to its widespread popularity. You may use the VSDC video editor without any problems even if your PC is ancient and runs Windows.
As you can see VSDC Free Video Editor has incredible features to offer. This is a great software for those looking to start their journey into video editing.
However, those looking to advance their skills may opt for the use of higher level features that the VSDC Pro Video Editor software available.
Who Is VSDC Free Video Editor For?
The VSDC Free Video Editor is a great free media suite that can be used by editors of all skill levels.
It can be used by those who have never used video editing software before or someone who is looking to edit together an entire film.
This free software is perfect for editing together small projects such as YouTube videos to something more complicated like a documentary.
Users are met with a new interface that is still easy to use and navigate.
While it may take some practice, the interface for VSDC Free Video Editor can be learned quickly allowing users to create their videos as they wish.
Pros And Cons Of VSDC Free Video Editor
Before selecting VSDC Free Video Editor as your video editing software, it is important to be aware of both advantages and disadvantages to using it.
- Simple Layout. As you begin to use the software, the layout is deemed simple. Users can easily navigate through the interface without much difficulty.
- Description of each feature. Before you enter the editing stage of the VSDC software, you are presented with a small description of each feature. Indicting how you can use it to upgrade your editing skills.
- No Watermark. Most free video editing software comes with a watermark which can be seen on your finished work. VSDC has no watermark leaving you finished product looking professional.
- First Impression. When you first open the VSDC Free software you may find it intimidating, however, with some practice you will be able to navigate the interface easily.
- Multiple Buttons. As you begin to explore the different features and editing options, you will notice that there are multiple buttons for completing the same action. This can be confusing at first and may take some time to understand.
- Limited Features. The VSDC Free Video Editor offers a limited range of features. While VSDC Pro offers more for a price.
If you are looking for a high quality video editor on a budget then the VSDC Free Video Editor is worth considering.
With incredible features such as split screen effects, incredible editing capabilities, and even the ability to capture video and audio through your computer’s webcam, this software is built to give you brilliant results.
It is important to note that VSDC Pro Video Editor will offer you more features. However, VSDC Free Video Editor is perfect for beginners or those on a tight budget.
Not to mention it runs on the lowest system requirements possible!
So, start bringing your ideas to life with VSDC Free Video Editor.